Am Sonntag, den 08.03.2020, 18:34 +0000 schrieb Jordan Petridis:
> Hi Felix,

Hi!

> I've noticed that a while ago as well, but I was certain it wasn't
> caused by the recent changes cause we had extensively
> test them.

Yes, I found the templates in gitlab after writing the mail and the
changes do not look intrusive enough to make pipelines stop working
entirely.

> Today I found some time to track down the issue and looks like its a
> regression on gitlab itself, probably on the latest update.
>
> The issue is that the template now uses the default .pre and .post
> stages to avoid over witting/forcing projects on a specific stages
> schema. This seems to have been working fine, till roughly 2 weeks
> ago. [1]
>
> Some projects that define more jobs and naturally their custom
> stages, such as epiphany, had pipelines working the whole time.
>
> Briefly looking at gitlab, I've found this [2] bug report, but
> there's probably an older one I suspect.

Indeed, the bug description seems to fit pretty well. I also got the
mentioned "No stages/jobs for this pipeline." error when I tried to
start a pipeline manually.

> I think we can try to workaround this in our template, and I will try
> rolling something out tomorrow. Will most likely move back the
> current jobs back to [build, deploy] stages which hopefully every
> project has already. This does have the potential to break some CI
> configurations and if so please do ping me on irc (or rocket chat) or
>
> I am sorry for the unfortunate timing and for not looking at it
> sooner. Hopefully this will be resolved soon™️

No problem. I hadn't noticed earlier myself until I noticed the Flatpak
repo not updating after the 3.36 release. Thanks for having a look into
it.

Regards,

Felix