On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 10:29 AM Neil McGovern <n...@gnome.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2022-09-29 at 14:18 -0300, Rafael Fontenelle wrote:
> > Hi Neil,
> >
> > Reading your list-of-lists.txt attachment I noticed that some mailing
> > lists used by language teams in Damned Lies are in the "Lists to
> > close" category. These mailing lists are used by Damned Lies to send
> > notifications of translation activities. If closed there's a chance
> > it
> > could break Damned Lies notifications, and I don't think Damned Lies
> > is not able to notify Discourse.
>
> Damned Lies can indeed notify Discourse - there's an email interface if
> needed, which is what the release team ended up doing. However, I think
> a better idea is to rethink the workflow a little... I'll follow up on
> the issue :)

I agree with Neil here. Discourse doesn't look like the right place
for automated notifications.

Couldn't Damned Lies allow for translators to individually subscribe
for notifications and get these emails sent directly to them?

I know this requires someone to implement the feature, but I think it
is of our general interest, so maybe we could request some funding for
it. In the past we had an Outreachy intern working on integrating
GTranslator with Damned Lies, maybe that same intern would be
interested in working on this.