Hi Jan,

Is it possible to checkout the trunk from scratch and try that? If it fails we'll know its not something residual in your build environment.

Jan Bartel wrote:
I still can't build HEAD. I am using maven 1.0.2 on Ubuntu Linux with
jdk 1.4.2 and svn revision 368935.

I've done:

+ deleted geronimo from my local repo
+ deleted the plugins from my local repo
+ deleted configs/*/target
+ maven m:fresh-checkout
+ maven m:clean
+ maven new

The build complains as follows:

[echo] Running car:install for Welcome app Tomcat
12367 [main] ERROR org.apache.geronimo.plugin.packaging.PackageBuilder - org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException: No configuration with id: geronimo/openejb-deployer/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException: No configuration with id: geronimo/openejb-deployer/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car

If I go into configs/openejb and build it, then restart the build, it will fail with the
error I posted previously:

"Module geronimo/openejb/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car already exists in the server. Try to undeploy it first or use the redeploy command."

This will also happen on some of the other configs.

It almost looks like maven has the wrong build order?

Jan

Aaron Mulder wrote:

I was able to build HEAD successfully.  I did:

maven m:update
maven -o m:clean m:clean-repo
maven new

I used Maven 1.1-beta2 and the last (online) step took 51m.

Aaron