On 7/5/06, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I chose 1.x and 2.0 because I think it fits better with the other archived web
sites.  The struts1 and struts2 names are more for internal use and in
particular, struts1 is only used in svn due to the maven workaround.  I think
1.x and 2.0, as well as the past 1.2.9 and so on, is easier for the user to
"guess" and remember.

I could see a case for creating such folders to automatically version
the websites. Instead of creating 1.3.5 and 2.0.0 folders later to
host site archives, as we do now,

* http://struts.apache.org/1.2.9/

We could start creating the versioned folders upfront and then
redirecting from struts/1.2 to struts/1.2.9, and so forth.

If we want to do that, then we should setup physical folders for 1.3.5
and 2.0.0 and setup the appropriate redirects for struts/1.3 and
struts/2.0 to the latest versions. Then once each version rolls, we
could create the 1.3.6 and 2.0.1 folders and update the redirects.

In this way, people could link to Struts/1.3 or Struts/2.0 and be
directed to the site for the latest working milestone in the series.