On 7/5/06, Michael Jouravlev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
So in your terms Struts 2 == SAF2. This does not tell me much ;-) Is
it strictly WW2.x or anything starting from WW2.x codebase onwards?
I guess the latter considering that "Struts 2 is represented by the
repository head".

Yes, I think the "repository head" is as clear as it gets.

If the documentation is consistent -- and I intend to do everything I
can to assure that it is -- then readers will take our meaning from
context.

See, your definition is not clear enough for an end user while being
too technical. Why would end users care about repository naming
conventions? They download binaries and they read docs and articles,
names should match there.

We are talking about guidelines for people writing documentation. If
we define the terms in a way meaningful to ourselves, and use them
consistently in context, then the meaning to other readers will take
care of itself.

I agree that javadocs should not mention a particular version unless
it is important. Javadocs are tied to a particular release anyway.