Hello again,

I have solved the problem myself. I executed every line in the flash.sh
and saw:

$ fastboot devices
no permissions  fastboot

So the permissions are not correct. The upgrade page says that you
should not execute the script with sudo, unfortunately it does not say
what I should do so that I can execute it without. (A general hint to
udev is not enough.)

So I executed every fastboot-line in the script with sudo and that works
until:

$ sudo fastboot flash custpack custpack.img
target reported max download size of 301989888 bytes
error: cannot load 'custpack.img': No such file or directory

There is no custpack.img in the v188.zip. So I have checked the v180.zip
in comparison and there are some strange things:

1. The v180.zip does not have any custpack.img either. But the flash.sh
script does not have any custpack.img line. So I ignored it for v188.zip.

2. The v180-script has a line

fastboot flash partition gpt_both0.bin

That line is missing in the v188.zip flash.bat/sh. Is it necessary?

At the end my update worked. Unfortunately my phone is in English now.
:( Some bugs were fixed and some new bugs were added. :(

Who's responsible for the page
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Developer_phone_guide/Flame#Updating_your_Flame%27s_software
and especially for the images on this page. The script should be
corrected as soon as possible. The problem with "sudo fastboot" should
be mentioned more clearly how to fix.

Best regards
Dominik