On Jan 5, 6:18 pm, "Michael Hutchinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On 27 Nov 2006 06:36:23 -0800, timeless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I hope to kill anything resembling such plans. It's an awful idea.
> > Please don't try building anything on windows based on gtkmozembed.
> > Thanks.

I disagree with timeless on this matter.
If old GtkMozEmbed used to be supported on MS Windows than new
GtkMozEmbed MUST support it too.
Another thing is that at the current state of new GtkMozEmbed
development it is maybe too early to include WIN32 support since even
the Linux stuff is under heavy change almost every day.
Thou I would not mind if someone will start to experiment with WIN32
and new GtkMozEmbed already now.

> Sorry to come in late on this discussion, but is there any particular
> reason for this? GTK and GTK# *are* cross-platform GUI toolkits, so if
> you choose actively to discourage GtkMozEmbed on Windows then people
> will have to develop other embedding solutions.

This is misunderstanding.
No one is going to discourage GtkMozEmbed on MS Windows.

BTW, if someone is implementing something on plain GTK it is kinda
difficult to make it incompatible with MS Windows since GTK as you said
is cross-platform.
For this new GtkMozEmbed is more or less just to provide MSVC make
files and build instructions for WIN32, I think.

LeoZ.