On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Jeff Gilbert <jgilb...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> As with anything WebGL related, you can also just talk to me about it.

I don't want to step on whatever you were thinking of changing, but I'm
happy to go to the list if you prefer that.

My initial thought is that it would be much simpler to leave all timing
issues up to the browser. If you draw one of these dynamic textures in a
requestAnimationFrame callback (either on the main thread or in a Worker),
the browser can guess the frame presentation time and bind the correct
source frame to the dynamic texture automatically. Latching would be
automatically scoped to the duration of the rAF callback.

My other comment is that the API currently doesn't support Workers but it
should. Perhaps the best way to do that would be an OffscreenVideo proxy
object similar to OffscreenCanvas (but without the constructor).

Rob
toD
rdsme,aoreseoouoto
lurpr