On Thursday 2016-05-12 15:33 -0700, Kyle Huey wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Karl Tomlinson <mozn...@karlt.net> wrote:
>
> > Lawrence Mandel writes:
> >
> > > Do we need this criteria?
> > >
> > > RAM - Does it hurt to move an instance that has <4GB?
> >
> > Yes.  OOM will be more common with 64-bit builds on systems with
> > less RAM because 64-bit builds use more memory.
> >

> Our OOM crashes are almost always from running out of virtual memory, not
> physical.

However, running low on physical memory is (given the existence of
swap) more likely to result in slowdowns and swapping, which are a
different set of bad symptoms from crashes.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.