Am Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2016 18:56:19 UTC+2 schrieb Ben Hearsum:
> Do you have thoughts on how we'll be able to serve the users the correct
> build if we have to base the decision on plugins they may have or other
> information that's not in the update ping? We can already detect 32-bit
> builds on 64-bit Windows through the build target, but information about
> plugins or RAM is not something we know about when serving updates.

Is it possible to find out from which plugins no 64bit version exist yet?
So e.g. if the user have Flash 32bit the update can happen... like with
extensions on startup a check and a (forced) update...

AFAIK updates get always done without a check before if there exist a update
for each extension... Is there really a plugin (vendor) that can be a reason to
not update the browser to a newer (64bit) build?

Btw.: AFAIK there is also no check about the compatibility of plugins before a
normal update starts and if a plugin is un-secure, FF deactivate it, too.