Rob Stradling:
Additionally, most of the times the old and the new root will be both
present in NSS for some time in order to allow a smooth transition,
until the old root is being removed.

Eddy, I think you've missed the main point of my proposal.  I am suggesting
that each existing valid-for-too-long 1024-bit RSA Root Certificate should be
replaced with a valid-for-not-too-far-beyond-2010 1024-bit RSA Root
Certificates *WITH THE SAME KEY*.

Sorry Rob, yes I missed that one. But why doing that? Why not replace with something better and remove the "offending" root? Perhaps I'm not objective enough because we actually replaced a small key with a bigger one. What's the logic for having a pile of roots which expire in 2010? Sorry for being slow...can you explain to me the logic of your proposal (again)?

Regards
Signer:         Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Blog:   Join the Revolution! <http://blog.startcom.org>
Phone:  +1.213.341.0390