On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Nelson B Bolyard <nel...@bolyard.me> wrote:

> I'd say the interfaces to those functions (more precisely, their
> signatures) are quite frozen.  The mp_int bignum package API is so
> frozen as to have become something of a standard of its own.  There
> are now at least 3 different implementations known to me that are all
> API compatible, differing only in the content of the (opaque) mp_int
> structure itself.
>
> Speaking only for myself, I have no objection to offering the mp_int
> bignum API as a "public" API out of freebl3.  They're not presently
> exported from the freebl shared lib at all, but IMO, they could be.
> We merely wanted to minimize the exported API.

We also need to undo some processor-version-specific type definitions.
An example is the mp_digit type for 64-bit Solaris SPARC.  mp_digit
is defined differently for different versions of the SPARC v9a processors:
http://bonsai.mozilla.org/cvsblame.cgi?file=mozilla/security/nss/lib/freebl/Makefile&rev=1.115&mark=420-432#420

Wan-Teh