On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Honza Bambas <hon...@allpeers.com> wrote:
> I'm getting the no issuer chain error even when I first visit the
> https://crm.ausnetservers.net.au link with an empty (clean) profile - so
> there is certainly no cert exception nor any additional certificates.
>
> I don't think this is a Firefox bug.  If you feel opposite please provide
> more info how to reproduce.

Honza,

Thank you for looking.

The SSL Certificate message from https://crm.ausnetservers.net.au
contains only one certificate.  It is missing the intermediate CA
certificate for
  CN=RapidSSL CA,O="GeoTrust, Inc.",C=US

So this is a server misconfiguration.

The missing intermediate CA can be downloaded from
http://rapidssl-aia.geotrust.com/rapidssl.crt
and imported into Firefox to work around this server
misconfiguration.  Note: do NOT check any of the
"Trust this CA to xxx" checkboxes when importing
an intermediate CA certificate into Firefox.

Wan-Teh