On 08/04/2011 19:31, Jay Garcia wrote:
Now let's see what turns up.

At this point, I can not reproduce the problem.

https://www.ausnetservers.net.au/webmail (as well as the others) forwards to vps-serv-1.ausnetservers.net.au that times out.

However this happens after I've added the exception to accept the crm.ausnetservers.net.au cert as valid for www.ausnetservers.net, and I can check in my configuration that the exception is active.

And after that, I still see crm.ausnetservers.net.au as a valid site with no verification problem, so can't repro.

As Honza and WTC have noted, crm.ausnetservers.net.au is badly configured. It does not send the correct certificate chain. However modern versions of NSS memorize intermediate certificates, so if Firefox has ever loaded a page issued by RapidSSL already, this will work nonetheless. This means that if crm.ausnetservers.net.au is seen correctly the first time, it should be seen correctly also the second time, so what is described in the report, if reproducible, would be a bug even if the config is wrong. But I can't repro, although I do not know if the time-out on vps-serv-1.ausnetservers.net.au is a reason for it (it should not, but who knows).