Hi Kai,

I like the idea. It won't help the average user, but it could turn out to be a
useful tool to do some research on what governments and ISPs are up to around
the world. Just 100 users would already help, and the benefit as opposed to a
stand-alone tool is that they do not need to be too deeply involved with PKI.

I guess the programming difficulties might lie in the Extension or Plug-in
APIs. Not sure if they let you do things like traceroute.

Now, while I suffer from time constraints and cannot offer to program this
myself, I can and would offer and supervise it as a student project at our
university (TUM) - be it in the form of a thesis or independent research
project. I could also offer to host the infrastructure.

If you're OK trying it this way, I would appreciate if you could contact me or
at least keep me informed about other efforts (if there are any), so we avoid
duplicate work.

Best regards,
Ralph