Steve Loughran wrote:

> +1
>
> At the same time, I dont see a need to run into refactoring everything we
> have today to move up to 1.2 support, 'just because we can'. It'll make it
> that much harder to back port patches to the 1.5.x codebase

+1 on your comment ( and a preemptive -1 on changing any public method that
uses Hashtables to use Maps -  "just because we can" :-). Using Maps in new
code or tasks should be fine.

Refactoring some of the introspection code - like support for context class
loader or jdk1.2 methods - is worth it ( IMO ), as it'll make the code
easier to understand.

Costin