On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Antoine Levy-Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> * In the code of the War.java task, the lib attribute is defined as
> a ZipFileSet.  In the documentation, the same lib attribute is
> defined as a FileSet.  Should we fix the code or the documentation
> of the War task ?

Which documentation?

We don't tell people that <lib> is a zipfileset because they may get
confused when they try to use the prefix attribute then.  It must be a
zipfileset, so that it can get mapped to prefix="/WEB-INF/lib".

> * the failure of the test was due to :
>
> - this code in ZipFileSet#getRef(Project p)

which is good in situations where you really have to be sure that you
are dealing with a zipfileset - and bad when you don't care.  There is
no good implementation that works in both cases, I'm afraid.

>   a) remove the ZipFileSet#getRef method , which means a fall back
>   on
> AbstractFileSet#getRef (status-quo ante), which should work too.

I think this is what Conor had to do for <classfileset> to work.  Not
sure whether it is the correct solution, though.

But then again, you can always cast the returned object, when you
really must be sure that you are dealing with - say - a zipfileset.

>   c) or write in WHATSNEW something like : - only references to
>   zipfileset(s) are accepted by tasks using zipfileset(s) as
>   attributes or nested elements.

Is this really new?