AFAICS, Subversion is invoked in one of the targets connected to packaging
of a release, and I'm looking into an equivalent for Git.
What is more interesting is getting all Eclipse components. Current process
depends on finding a "good" mirror, and I'm tempted to investigate a
possibility to use updatesite resolver instead...

The point about using Java 8 is, you need at least Eclipse Mars (or the
other way around), period. And then there's all the GEF 4+ migration...

Gintas