On 2016-12-30, Paul King wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
> I checked the checksums and signature of the source zip.
> I ran Groovy's master branch against this version including its
> groovy-ant test suite.

Thanks a lot.

> I must admit to not having followed much recent discussion on the dev
> mailing list. Just as an aside for future reference, I thought perhaps
> more discussion of the difference between versions would be useful in
> the release notes or manual. I initially assumed that 1.10.0 followed
> 1.9.8 but the split is really at 1.9.7 IIUC.

Yes, this is correct. This is something we'll need to properly adress in
the release announcement as well as on the home page.

> In particular, I found having the 1.9.8 section above the 1.10.0
> section a little confusing in the README file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/README.html It's certainly
> not worth redoing the release for and I assume the build process just
> prepends - it was just a little strange having them out of order.

The README.html isn't really part of the release and we can simply
modify it at will at any time. Let me try to improve on what we have
right now.

Many thanks for the feedback