Hi Bjoern,

> No need for that german pig. However, what is desperately needed is a
> basic general concept not only for the interface, but also for the
> implementation of undo, including some design patterns (like for
> example the simple undo guard proposed in i114888). Otherwise we will
> end up with conflicting designs, which is hard to clean up. To clarify:
> I dont want to rewrite all of undo at once -- but at least we should
> have a shared and documented vision how it is _supposed_ to work.

As wrote in my other reply to Malte, the current proposal is not
intended to replace all Undo implementations, instead, the current goal
is to provide Undo access from outside the core implementations.

If you see things in this design which you think will hinder a future
more generic use of it, please let's discuss it, I'm most willing to
make the API as future-proof as possible, even if we will not
immediately use it as complete internal replacement.

Ciao
Frank

--
ORACLE