- world

Hi Jonathan,

This topic may have been discussed elsewhere, or my memory is worse off
than I thought, but what is our long term vision for thrift support?
Admittedly, I need to learn much more about the binary CQL protocol, and I
understand Ed's concerns, as well (more acutely now) about existing
installations, but we probably wouldn't have dreamt up a new client
interface/protocol if we went planning, at some point, on retiring the old
one. And, also, I missed the Avro debate from the past, so I'm not sure how
much that affects current and future thinking.

After raising the issue here on the dev list, it certainly seems like 2.0
is premature for a full-on switch over, and Ed raised some interesting
metrics to consider when we could declare the CQL protocol as 'accepted'.
I'm curious as to how you are seeing it roll out.

Thanks for your time,

-Jason