The current implementation will probably be yanked when thrift as a whole
is removed for 4.0. And I'm ok with that.

That being said, there has been an undercurrent of interest over time about
multitenancy, and I'm willing to entertain a renewed discussion. It might
be instructive to see if any other systems are currently offering
multitenancy and if there's something to be learned there. If not, we could
at least explore the topic more seriously and then document for posterity
the well-informed pros/cons of why we as a community choose to not do it,
postpone for later, or actually do it. Of course, it would be great for a
motivated individual to lead the effort if we really want to entertain it.