"I’m sorry you had a bad experience, but it feels like that’s the normal ebb
and flow of projects.”

I’m sorry - that should have been - I’m sorry some ideas were not accepted, but
it feels like that’s the normal ebb and flow of projects.  I am sorry you had a
bad experience - without any qualification :)

Kind regards,

Jeremy