You've cherry picked, as usual.

"In what possible universe dropping that hammer threat from the ’20% off”
email thread,
then following up with a Game of Thrones youtube clip is alright?"

"In an ideal world, that power would entail corresponding duties:
care and consideration in your actions at least."

"That kind of behaviour is inappropriate for a board member... If you don’t
see this, we do indeed have bigger
problems."

You seem to suffer from double standards, in the wrong direction.  Far more
offensive language from a board member is completely justifiable by nothing
by frustration <https://twitter.com/jimjag/status/794616571079626753>.
>From somebody wronged by a board member, however, an expression of their
experience with far less incendiary language is completely inexcusable, and
obviates the rest of a message.