> I think we'd be able to figure out the one of them causing a regression
> on the day after.

That sounds great in theory. In practice, that doesn't happen unless one
person steps up and makes themselves accountable for it.

For reference, take a look at: https://cassci.datastax.com/view/trunk/, and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20cassandra%20and%20resolution%20%3D%20unresolved%20and%20labels%20in%20(%27test-fail%27%2C%20%27test-failure%27%2C%20%27testall%27%2C%20%27dtest%27%2C%20%27unit-test%27%2C%20%27unittest%27)%20and%20assignee%20%3D%20null%20order%20by%20created%20ASC

We're thankfully still in a place where these tickets are at least being
created, but unless there's a body of people that are digging in to fix
those test failures they're just going to keep growing.