Hi Dikang,

I guess there is something wrong with the link that you shared.

19.04.2017 19:21 tarihinde Dikang Gu yazdı:
Hi Cassandra developers,

This is Dikang from Instagram, I'd like to share you some experiment
results we did recently, to use RocksDB as Cassandra's storage engine. In
the experiment, I built a prototype to integrate Cassandra 3.0.12 and
RocksDB on single column (key-value) use case, shadowed one of our
production use case, and saw about 4-6X P99 read latency drop during peak
time, compared to 3.0.12. Also, the P99 latency became more predictable as
well.

Here is detailed note with more metrics:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ztqcu8Jzh4USKoWBgDJQw82DBurQm
sV-PmfiJYvu_Dc/edit?usp=sharing

Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. I think the biggest
latency win comes from we get rid of most Java garbages created by current
read/write path and compactions, which reduces the JVM overhead and makes
the latency to be more predictable.

We are very excited about the potential performance gain. As the next step,
I propose to make the Cassandra storage engine to be pluggable (like Mysql
and MongoDB), and we are very interested in providing RocksDB as one
storage option with more predictable performance, together with community.

Thanks.