Has anyone any objection to moving all open 3.11.x features and
improvements to 4.0?

To my understanding 3.11.0 was intended as the last tick-tock release
and also to form a LTS release by which patches could be applied, ie
3.11.1, 3.11.2, 3.11.3, etc.

As the last tick-tock release there's a presumption here that, as an
odd-numbered release, it would only contain bug fixes. Hence my surprise
to see so many non-bug tickets against it. Furthermore a bug-fix-only
3.11.0 would also help give the LTS release stability.

It's possible that this was simply because tickets got bulk changed from
3.X to 3.11.x, but if not could anyone enlighten us please.

This was discussed a little on irc today:
https://wilderness.apache.org/channels/?f=cassandra-dev/2017-04-28#1493343857

regards,
Mick