On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 7:54 PM, Durity, Sean R <sean_r_dur...@homedepot.com
> wrote:

> However, I think the shots at Cassandra are generally unfair. When I
> started working with it, the DataStax documentation was some of the best
> documentation I had seen on any project, especially an open source one.

Oh, don't get me started on documentation, especially the DataStax one.  I
come from Postgres.  In comparison, Cassandra documentation is mostly
non-existent (and this is just a way to avoid listing other uncomfortable
epithets).

Not sure if I would be able to submit patches to improve that, however,
since most of the time it would require me to already know the answer to my
questions when the doc is incomplete.

The move from DataStax to Apache.org for docs is actually good, IMO, since
the docs were maintained very poorly and there was no real leverage to
influence that.

Cheers,
--
Alex