Hi Kenneth,

As a Cassandra user I value usability, but since it's a database I value
consistency and performance even more. If you want usability and documentation
you can use Datastax DSE, after all that's where they add value on top of
Cassandra. Since Datastax actually paid dev to work Cassandra internals, it's
understandable that they kept some part (usability) for their own product. We
all notice that when you google for some CQL commands you'll always end up to
Datastax site, it would be great if that was not the case but it would take a
lot of time.

Also, as a manager you're not supposed to fight with devs but to allocate
tasks/time. If you have to choose between enhancing documentation and fixing
this bad race condition that corrupts data, I hope you'd choose the later.

As for filling Jiras, if you create one like "I want a UI to setup TLS" it
would be the kind of Jira nobody would implement, it takes a lot of time,
touches security and may not be that useful in the end.

Last point on usability for Cassandra, as an end user it's very difficult to
see the progress on it, but since I'm using Cassandra internals for my custom
secondary index I can tell you that there was a huge rework between Cassandra
2.2 and 3.x, PartitionIterators are a very elegant solution and is really
helpful in my case, great work guys :)
--
Jacques-Henri Berthemet