Hi,

In a way the real issue might be that we don’t have nightly performance runs
that would make an accidentally introduced debug statement obvious.

A log statement that runs once or more per read or write should be easy to
spot. I haven’t measured the impact though. And as a bonus by having this we
can spot a variety of performance issues introduced by all kinds of changes.

Ariel