The thing is, good intentions are cheap. And they get cheaper the further
out in the future the point of action gets.

Realistically, the main difference between June and September is we ship
three months later. More, if we manage to land large, destabilizing patches
in the meantime.  I’m very skeptical it will actually result in additional
testing.  In my experience, people start testing once you actually have an
alpha or beta released. And even then they prefer to wait for a dot zero.

We only have about nine years of project history showing this, though.
I’m sure this time  will be different.

--
Jonathan Ellis
co-founder, http://www.datastax.com