I am not against using a compile-time quick-feedback tool like Animal
Sniffer either. It is great to have such a tool to know of any obvious bad
changes right away during development. However, in addition to using such a
tool, I believe, when we make a release, we should build against the actual
JDKs we support (that way, we are not making a release just based on the
result of an external tool), and we should be able to optionally run UTs
and DTests against the JDK  (i.e. Java7 and Java8 for C* 2.2).

> What do we mean "support multiple JDKs" ?
> Are we talking Run-time or Compile-time?
I am talking both - compile-time can for Build, run-time for UTs and DTests.

> I think that dtests are always going to be the important defence here,
and that we simplify it by running dtests on a standardised JDK compile.
I agree, but its good to have an optional workflow in CircleCI to be able
to run DTest against the non-standardized JDK as well, which we support
(Java7 for example, for C*2.2, and Java11 for C* 4.0)

Thanks,
Sumanth