Do we want to manage more versions than we do now?  Why don’t we simply align
these things to majors, like we’ve typically tried to anyway?

I think it’s anyway better to decide on a strategy and find a versioning scheme
that matches it, rather than to look for a strategy that matches our current
versioning scheme.