My JIRA experience tells me it would be better to do a blanket update and
then go back and fix anything that shouldn't have been updated. Shouldn't
be hard that way either because everyones inbox will be flooded with
emails, so as long as we all sanity check what got changed we should catch
most of the tickets. Alternatively we could go through and tag all the ones
that should go to 4.0 beforehand so we can use the tag to filter them out
when we do the bulk change. But the former seems easier to crowdsource to
me.