I think there's significant value to the community in trying to coalesce on a
single approach, earlier than later.  This is an opportunity to expand the
number of active organisations involved directly in the Apache Cassandra
project, as well as to more quickly expand the project's functionality into an
area we consider urgent and important.  I think it would be a real shame to
waste this opportunity.  No doubt it will be hard, as organisations have
certain built-in investments in their own approaches.

I haven't participated in these calls as I do not consider myself to have the
relevant experience and expertise, and have other focuses on the project.  I
just wanted to voice a vote in favour of trying to bring the different
organisations together on a single approach if possible.  Is there anything the
project can do to help this happen?