I would personally prefer the community to officially recommend skipping 3.11
to users that have not yet upgraded, as 3.0 and 4.0 have each had much more
attention given to them over the past several years.  This would naturally lead
to fewer issues filed for 3.0->3.11 and 3.11->4.0, as fewer users take this
upgrade path.

Perhaps if others want to explicitly encourage the 3.0->3.11->4.0 upgrade path,
we can split our resources accordingly?