Paulo, what you propose with the yaml seems different from default to
*correctness*. It means to me that we are forcing the user to choose
between *correctness *and *performance*. Most of us have a good
understanding of the problem and it is a hard choice for us. I imagine that
most of the users do not fully understand LWTs and will not know what to
choose. Some might not even use LWTs and will suddenly be forced to make a
choice that they do not understand. It does not feel right to me to push
them to make that choice.

I also agree with Benedict and Mick that it is a risky thing to do.

something that can bring a cluster down upon an unprepared user.

I do not think that it will be the case (feel free to correct me Benedict).
The impact will probably be an increase in the number of write/read
timeouts for the LWTs read/writes. For a heavy load that would cause the
services depending on those queries to become unreliable. On the other hand
the impact of the current problem is that we can hit some correctness issue
without even knowing it.

We need to choose between two imperfect solutions and we have some
difficulties to agree on which one to choose.

Benedict suggested that Sylvain and I made the choice. Sylvain did not want
to make the final call.
I chose correctness. If it is a problem and people prefer to vote. It is
perfectly fine for me too :-)

I just want us to move forward.