+1 as well. This would be great for the project and for our users.

From: Benedict Elliott Smith <bened...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 3:26 AM
To: dev@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Project Roadmap

Yep, I'm not proposing we start discussions right now. Just wanted to float the
idea, see how people felt about it and how people might like it to look
procedurally.

My only goal is that we have a rough roadmap agreed before GA, to publish
alongside any announcement.

On 02/03/2021, 09:57, "Benjamin Lerer" <ble...@apache.org> wrote:

    > I completely agree we should consider any roadmap a living document that
    > we expect to revise, but my hope is that we will formalise an agreed
    > roadmap by vote.

    I believe that everybody will be in favor of discussing the plans for the
    next release. We do not really need to commit to anything at this point.
    My proposal would be to get 4.0-RC out of the door and let a couple of
    weeks for people to think about the next release. Then we can trigger a
    discussion for everybody on what they are willing to focus on first.
    What do you think?