What you are describing to me are difficulty levels, whereas this field tries
to measure complexity. The difference is that while both are subjective,
difficulty is relatively more so. This may lead people to assign difficulty
based on their own perception (which is very subjective), rather than the scope
of the problem (which is still subjective, but less so).

We can bike-shed the names or the definitions all we like, but we need some
separate text to elaborate the intended meaning, else we'll all mean and encode
different things.

I also don't personally think Hard or Very Hard are descriptive. By comparison,
Byzantine is a word that not only crops up in distributed systems to mean
involving many parties (i.e. in this case many subsystems), but is widely used
in English to mean "intricately involved" with connotations of labyrinthine,
i.e. easy to get lost doing, or easy to misunderstand.

I'm definitely open to improving the terminology, but we did bike shed this all
only a year or so ago I think?