> I believe that it can be a virtuous circle where we produce new committers
> that help mentoring newcomers.

That's the dream, and kudos for keeping it alive! I have become jaded about
this possibility, after years of trying.

On 28/04/2021, 10:18, "Benjamin Lerer" <ble...@apache.org> wrote:

    > I think there are two main hurdles, one is restoring contributor interest
    > in mentoring, and the other is finding newcomers that actually want to
    > stick around.

    I am interested in mentoring new committers to help the project grow and
    some of the new committers expressed the same interest to me. I believe
    that it can be a virtuous circle where we produce new committers that help
    mentoring newcomers.

    What we need is to be well organized and make sure that we have a
    reasonable response time to newcomers.

    Berenguer created this board to help to track newcomers contributions:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=463&quickFilter=2088
    Apparently Brandon is cheating to appear as a newcomer but we will solve
    that. He should be at the Nightmare level  ;-)