Le Lundi, 2 fév 2004, à 11:45 Europe/Zurich, Guido Casper a écrit :

Torsten Curdt wrote:

...I just hope it's worth the effort since everyone
seems to be going the OJB way...

It _is_ worth it IMHO since there is more to databases (like reporting applications) than persisting Java objects (otherwise we all would probably be using object databases) and there are use cases where collecting data within the "view layer" makes great sense.

+1, there are many publishing applications which use fairly simple read-only SQL queries and for which anything more than direct SQL is overkill.

Merging the SQL Transformer and ESQL into something more "modern" is certainly worth the effort!

-Bertrand