On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 09:39 +0100, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Jonas Ekstedt wrote:

> >><snip/>

> >>I agree about that, ACL is definitelly not a view concern. It should be
> >>enforced in the business logic and supported in the form model.
> >>

> >In my view there are three aspects to ACL. Taking the example of a form
> >that can be viewed or edit:
> >
> >* Are we in view or edit mode (a controller concern)
> >* Should I show a field widget or simple text (a view concern)
> >

> What's the difference with the first aspect?

What I meant was that the controller makes the decision about what state
we're in (eg setting an edit flag to true or false). The view will
contain the logic to actually implement that decision (using jx logic
for example).

> >* Should I set this value (a model concern)
> >

>  From a from framework POV, this aspect should be "should I accept user
> input for this value", as the domain model shouldn't care about form
> handling.

True

> >Ideally all the controller would have to do is:
> >if (user.role == "admin")
> >  cocoon.sendPage("page", {mode: "edit");
> >else
> >  cocoon.sendPage("page", {mode: "view");
> >

> And what about:
>
> if (user.role == "admin")
>   form.setState("disabled"); // or "output" to show only text
> else
>   form.setState("active");
>
> cocoon.sendPage("page");

Am I right in thinking that form.setState("active") would recursively
activate all child widgets? In that case I think it would be too coarse-
grained. Suppose you have a list of tasks that can be viewed/edited. In
edit mode all tasks you have been assigned will show a "Finished"
button. In JXTemplate you could do this very easy:

<jx:forEach var="task" items="${tasks}">
      <jx:if test="${edit == 'true' and task.assignedTo == user.id}">
        <button name="task.${task.id}.finished">Finished</button>
      </jx:if>
</jx:forEach>

The model would of course also check that the user trying to finish a
task is indeed the assigned user.

In CForm I think it would be very difficult to do something like this.
Even if using union widgets. You would have to resort to using flow and
iterate through all tasks and enable/disable the buttons individually.

Cheers Jonas