Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

You forgot that since GBeans used in Geronimo, basing Cocoon on GBeans means easier integration with/into Geronimo, which is significant advantage.

Might be, I don't have enough knowledge (or interest for, at least yet ;) ) about Geronimo to be able to evaluate it. An evaluation of what Geronimo would give us would certainly be interesting. Care to flesh out in what way an integration with Geronimo would be an significant advantage?

It means it is easier to sneak in Cocoon into places where Geronimo is employed :-)

Also I would assume that the fact that Eclipse is based on OSGi will mean that it would be much easier to write various Cocoon tools if we base Cocoon on OSGi.

The fact that Eclipse is based on OSGi, does it mean Cocoon will be doggish slow if it is also based on OSGi, as Eclipse already is? It might be FUD as I've not seen OSGi, but I've seen Eclipse.

I haven't tested it yet, so I don't know. But considering that OSGi is used on mobile phones and within consumer electronics and have been around for 5 years I would be supprised if it was slow.

Ok, that's good news :-) So even if it is slow, it is at least small! :-P

Here http://eul.shacknet.nu/www/index.html you can read (about) a blog that is hosted under OSGi on a WLAN access point :)

:-)

PS I liked your plan, though. Large disruptions are not what we need, and your proposed approach does not have them, which is great.

Vadim