Sylvain Wallez wrote:
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
<snip/>
The Cocoon servlet bundle
-------------------------

At last we need to have a Cocoon servlet bundle it looks up the Cocoon service and a HTTP service [10] (both Tomcat and Jetty implementations are available), embeds the Cocoon service in the Cocoon servlet and register it in the HTTP service. That is all.

For some uses it would probably be good to be able to package everything including the OSGi framework as a WAR that can be deplyoyed into a Servlet container. I haven't thought about how to acomplish that.

A CLI bundle would also be useful.

Requiring the availability of an HTTP service would be too restrictive, because most J2EE servers don't expose such a service. So we must still have a CocoonServlet that will start the micro-kernel.

Agree. Any ideas about how to achieve that? Are there standaridized ways for create and start an OSGi micro kernel and for communicating with its services?

/Daniel