On 13 March 2012 11:48, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Commons Parent 24 includes the following reports:
>
> Javadoc
> Jxr
> Surefire
> RAT
> Cobertura
> Clirr
> JDepend
>
> I think the following should be added:
>
> Changes/JIRA

Done.

> The following could be added:
>
> Findbugs
> Checkstyle
>
> Any others?

There's obviously a lot of argument about CheckStyle (and probably PMD
too) because the report can be configured to check different things,
and not everyone agrees on what to check. Let's leave that for a
separate discussion (in another thread).

The other argument is about whether to include certain reports that
are perhaps more developer-oriented.

My view is that if a report is likely to be useful to a 3rd party
developer, we should include it.
Yes, it may make the report list a bit longer, but that is a minor
issue - and maybe one day Maven will give more control over the
layout.

Commons components tend to be fairly low-level, and are generally used
by developers in building larger applications, so it seems natural for
the developer-style reports to be available. As someone already
mentioned, reports such as Cobertura and Findbugs can help show that
we take testing and code quality seriously.