Am 24.06.2012 03:05, schrieb sebb:
On 23 June 2012 23:00, Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 6/17/12 2:20 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 17/06/2012 16:26, Phil Steitz wrote:
On 6/17/12 1:13 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 17/06/2012 08:49, Phil Steitz wrote:
Looks like only the relatively trivial POOL-220 and POOL-217 affect
2.0.
+1

   We need to resolve these and do some javadoc and site
cleanup; but unless there are other things we want to get into 2.0,
I would like to move this toward a release.  I will volunteer to RM
if no one else wants to.  Is there anything else we need to do
code-wise to get this ready?
I don't think so. I got most things cleaned up before I became
distracted (for far longer than I expected) by a Tomcat 7 release.

The Tomcat 7 release is almost done, so I should be able to spend some
time on POOL 2 / DBCP 2 in the coming weeks.
The two open issues for 2.x have been fixed. That leaves one
enhancement, one 1.x specific issue and one issue that doesn't as yet
have a satisfactory explanation. I think the code is ready for a 2.0
release. A lot of the supporting material isn't.

I will get to work on that.  Patches welcome, of course :)

I will also start testing with dbcp2 to make sure all is well.  Are
we reasonably confident that we will not need any further API
changes to pool2 for dbcp2?

Great.  If there are things I can help with or areas of dicyness [1]
in need of extra testing, let me know.
I don't think any one part is dicer than any other. Having the existing
test suite has really helped.

If I had to pick on something, it would be the improved concurrency.
Since that is the new bit, that is where the current test cases may ber
lacking.

I am fixing [performance] up to work fully with [pool] 2 and to
leverage the new stats reporting.

One question for the list:  is it still possible to release commons
components "manually" to the maven repos - i.e., without using Nexus

No.

The only way to the repo is via Nexus staging.

Does this mean that the instructions on http://commons.apache.org/releases/index.html are outdated and do not work any more?

Oliver

or the release plugin?

Yes.

You don't need to use the release plugin.
I never have used it, and I've been RM for Net and CP etc.

Just need to use "mvn deploy" with the appropriate profile and flags.

Phil

Mark