Hi.

> > [...]
> >
> >I've encountered many problems, for some I got a solution from this list,
> >for others I figured a solution by trial and error.
> >Finally, I came up with a working recipe (the above document, which I asked
> >here for review). If you want to go down the same path again...
> >

> Not the same path. My goal is to have one consolidated document. It
> seems to me that from the general structure your document is similar
> to UsingNexus, sometimes you provide more details. So wouldn't it be
> possible to merge the documents?

You are certainly welcome to do as you please.
What I was expecting from "UsingNexus" is that it would be a minimal
"howto" (i.e. follow the instructions and it works) but people have added
alternatives to some steps which, at some point, ceased to work (or might be
working on their machine pending some additional configuration files and/or
scripts/plugins not mentioned there). All this was extremely frustrating (in
addition to my own mistakes as a newbie).

I don't think that such a document is useful if it contains more than a
minimal, complete, and not redundant, set of instructions: when it starts
duplicating parts of another manual or providing several ways to achieve the
same goal, it becomes rapidly obsolete and next time someone needs it, he's
up for checking and correcting the document rather than performing the task
which the document is supposed to help achieving...

Best regards,
Gilles