Hello.

> > > in classes Gamma and Beta, some functions are package private:
> > >   - logGammaSum
> > >   - logGammaMinusLogGammaSum (for lack of a better name)
> > >   - bcorr
> > > These functions are meant to be used by other functions,
> >
> > None of these functions seem to used. Am I missing something?
> >
> > None of these functions are used YET, they are going to be used in the new
> implementation of logBeta. I wouldn't have committed tortuous, useless,
> package private functions just for the sake of cluttering the code!

Of course, but it _could_ have been that you forgot to make the
necessary replacements since the functions are indeed not used at the
moment. I wouldn't have wondered if you had committed the code that do use
them at the same time.
Also, if (when) you do that, I can also answer your question above.
For example, if the functions are only used in class "Beta", they should
probably be defined there (and be "private"). Then the answer would be: no
check (since you know exactly what usage is made).

Best regards,
Gilles