Hi Jörg,

Am 04.01.2013 17:47, schrieb Jörg Schaible:
Hi Oliver,

Oliver Heger wrote:

Hi,

recently I have worked on code regarding the creation of Configuration
objects and reloading support. I have created two Jira tickets [1, 2]
with a description of the problems I see in the current design.

The code in SVN (mainly in the new builder package) should be sufficient
to get a good impression about the direction I would like to go. It is
far more than a pure proof of concept.

However, following this road means some significant changes in the
design and in the way client code uses our classes. Therefore, I would
really appreciate feedback from other committers also interested in this
component.

My main question is: Can we replace the reloading mechanisms available
in 1.x by an approach based on builders as currently implemented in
trunk (e.g. classes
o.a.c.c.builder.ReloadingFileBasedConfigurationBuilder,
o.a.c.c.reloading.ReloadingController)? If the answer is 'yes', we could
go forward and significantly simplify most of the file-based
configuration implementations.

Thanks
Oliver

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-519
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-520

simply go-on with these changes. IMHO it looks good and since separation of
concern leads here to significant code simplification, it's for the best of
us devs and also for our users in the long term. Especially since the new
approach brings also improved functionality.

Thanks for your feedback. Will do!

Oliver

Cheers,
Jörg