On 3/23/13 10:41 AM, Matt Benson wrote:
> Thanks for this, Stefan!
>
> Matt
>

> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just updated the releasing guide up to the point in time where the
>> release vote happens.  It covers publishing via Nexus and svnpubsub for
>> releases.  This has not been published, yet:
>>
>> http://commons.staging.apache.org/releases/prepare.html
>>
>> Feedback and corrections more than welcome.  I'll start working on the
>> follow-up document soonish.

+1 - this is very, very much appreciated.

Can't thank you enough for doing this, Stefan.

I have one question:  I have not cut a release in a while and was
always able before to avoid Nexus and the maven release plugin.  I
understand now there is no way around using these.  First, that is
correct, right?   Or is it just Nexus that is mandatory?  Second,
one thing I remember was having to mess with local .settings files
to store credentials.  Is that still necessary?  Should it be
mentioned somewhere?

One small comment.  We might want to, um, "update" the jdk version
in the example from 1.3 - he he.

Phil